Feedback Ads even though premium account

Discussion in 'Suggestions And Feedback' started by TuxyQ, Dec 29, 2016.

1. TuxyQ

TuxyQ TruckersMP Web-dev
    Premium Member

47%

2. Maticus1999

Maticus1999 Moderator
    Community Staff

0%
    Media:
    Albums:
    Derbyshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Scania
    As far I am aware that is a signature of our web hosters off them and im not sure if we have control over that, I will raise it in the Staff chat :)

• Agree Agree x 1

3. Seven

Seven The Engineer Administrator

8%
    Media:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Peterbilt
    Hi TuxyQ,

Being a premium member, this is the only advert you will ever see across our website. As part of a deal with our host, VersoBit, we display their logo to all so we can continue to afford community giveaways and upkeep of the website. Max and I carefully placed and sized the logo as well as agreed terms with VersoBit to show this advert how it is and we found this to be the most unobtrusive to our users, but most satisfactory place for our host.

I understand your point - you paid to remove every single ad and still see one. It's not the usual AdSense ads, which change relevant to you; you don't see those. Instead, this is directly relative to our community as our backbone and supplier. I don't see logistics companies censoring who they haul cargo for, so why should we hide who supplies the power for our community, if you understand where I'm coming from.

I hope you find this explanation to be satisfactory. If there is a major issue, please don't hesitate to share. :)

Thanks,

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

4. TuxyQ

TuxyQ TruckersMP Web-dev
    Premium Member

47%
    Far from it, the message states "ALL ads", I don't care about what type of ad it is, it's the principle you're essentially lying to the people who decided to support you monetarily. Comparing yourself to a logistics company doesn't quite fly either. Between the logistics company and the cargo hauler, there's a written agreement stating that the branding should be visible. In this case, the agreement states "Removal of ALL ads".

5. Seven

Seven The Engineer Administrator

8%
    Media:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Peterbilt
    The comparison was simply an example of how it works, to help you understand. I have updated the statement for the Premium User rank, to mention the VersoBit advertisement will not disappear. You can always use Web Developer app and remove the advert section yourself so you won't see it on your side if it irritates you so much.

Simply, we cannot remove the VersoBit advert, we agreed to show it to all our users to we can support our community affordably. With what we earn through AdSense and Premium Users, we barely get by as-is and I am out of pocket to pay the bills sometimes. Run for the community, by the community. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

• Agree Agree x 1