AdSense is back!

Discussion in 'Forum News & Announcements' started by Seven, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Seven

Seven The Engineer Administrator

10%
    Media:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Peterbilt
    Greetings!

This will split the crowd; AdSense for TruckSim is sorted out once more. As you may know, upkeep is not cheap with competitions, giveaways and hosting. This is why, as well as our advertising scheme, we now run Google AdSense to help us get a little more revenue and thus, keeping our amazing community thriving!

Now what does this mean for you?
    Free pizza for everyone!

... unfortunately not. Nobody likes adverts, not even me. However, they pay the bills. Before I took on the role as the "boss" around here next to Max, I was a member and I disabled my adblock to support the community I loved and still do. It doesn't cost you anything and Max has worked hard to get the code working while I tried to make the adverts blend with the style and be less obtrusive to your daily browsing. Disabling your ad blocker and clicking on adverts that interest you will actually earn money for the website and will only take seconds of your time.

That's all, thank you all for your continued support!

tl;dr - Ads are now live on TruckSim, please disable AdBlock and click on ads that interest you so we can keep our community thriving for years to come - and provide more giveaways!

Questions, comments, problems? Fire away!

• Like Like x 2

2. Max

Max Second In Command Community Manager

30%
    Media:
    Albums:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Volvo
    Free pizza for me! Turn off your AdBlock and help feed your hard working admins! ;)

Once we start getting regular revenue again I'll begin pestering @Seven to let us host some more giveaways and what not, so make sure you disable AdBlock when you're on the website and continue encouraging people to visit and signup :)

• Like Like x 2

3. David040700

David040700 Long Hauler

51%
    Media:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Volvo
    Ahah, that's funny because just before I read this post, I noticed an advert between "Progress to Next Level" and "Staff Online Now" tabs (home page) ! :p
    I don't have AdBlock, so everything is fine ! ;)
    It's a pleasure to make you happy by any way possible ! :D

No pizza tho... :(

4. Empire KickAss

Empire KickAss Long Hauler

4%
    Media:
    Favorite Truck:
    Volvo
    You need more advertisement location then just the footer! above the page footer, then after the first topic in each forum and in the first post in each topic and lastly on the heading. There are allot of places to put it.

Don't think of it to much though! I have adsense running on my website which has made $51 that has taken months and 1000s to 100K impressions. That is why I added other two resources, one is advert packages where members go though the steps (uploading typing in details) to add there ad. That is my own system that I crated with the marketplace.

Second which again is better then google adsense is publicityclerks You add your website to the list and then pick your approved locations and lastly you decide on how much you want to sell them for! Here is mine. I made like $10 from there

5. Max

30%
    Media:
    Albums:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Volvo
    We're still working on placements, the last thing I want to do is plaster the page in adverts and take away from the way it should look! Thank you for your advice on AdSense alternatives, shall look into those :)

6. Seven

10%
    Media:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Peterbilt
    Thought I'd throw my input as well; what Max said. We'd like to earn enough income to cover the community without plastering the forums. At around 17,000 monthly views I don't think we'll have all that much trouble now we're back up and running. The option for Premium rights are now even more beneficial since purchasing it will still help TruckSim (even more so because we get all that income where Google takes a share of the adverts) and Premium members don't see adverts, plus they get their own forum to share stuff in! Win/win. :)

7. Empire KickAss

4%
    Media:
    Favorite Truck:
    Volvo
    Indeed, Also myself that doesn't like websites that are full of ads, Makes me to walk away. You guys are lucky then Bayside, gotta say that started having problems keeping it running now. I have big future plains, that is an working progress that isn't cheap, however it will let owners of there VTC to have there own forum and permissions section and members.

8. Max

30%
    Media:
    Albums:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Volvo
    *Premium members don't see adverts once I fix the code for it ;)

• Informative Informative x 1

9. Seven

10%
    Media:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Peterbilt
    Simple strategies when things start getting rough - cut running costs where you can. Usually in lower hosting / storage space or even moving the server to another country, or temporarily hosting yourself. TruckSim had pretty good seeds planted so when I came along I simply had to keep it pruned and healthy. We have our own big plans to try get more people involved.

• Agree Agree x 1

10. Max

30%
    Media:
    Albums:
    World of Trucks:
    Favorite Truck:
    Volvo
    Few more placed, that should be all for now!* If you're looking through and you find something doesn't fit or look right then let us know and we can look to correct that! Also made sure that the longer banner style adverts won't affect the layout of the mobile site as they have done in the past and instead will show smaller ads designed for mobile :)

We've been going 4 years now, just keep on going when things get a bit difficult - we've had our fair share of setbacks, and I'm sure it'll pay off for you in the end :)

*if you're reading this just after it's posted they may not show correctly whilst we wait for Google to activate the code and start providing ads..

11. Empire KickAss

4%
    Media:
    Favorite Truck:
    Volvo
    We can still read the small text o_O :D

Will take time, Just have to hold it till late 2017 and then consider moving hosts.